How to make vehicle identification numbers and class
Section 3.7 Vehicle Identification of:
2005 Solo Rules
E. Numbers must be a minimum of 8" high with a 1.25" stroke. Class
letters must be a minimum of 4" high with a 0.75" stroke. In all
cases, the height of the class letters must be between 25% and
75% of the height of the numbers. Stroke width must be at least
10% of the height. (see Appendix F.)
- Magnetic sheeting - 2' x 3' sheet about $32 at sign stores
- Rubber cement
- Scissors, Xacto knife
- 12" steel ruler
- Printer and paper
- Display and print your number below. Adjust your margins as necessary.
- Use rubber cement to fix it to the magnetic sheeting.
- Use a combination of sharp scissors, Xacto knife, and ruler to neatly cut your numbers.
- Peel off and discard the paper from the sheeting.